Treating the Whole Kid: How Integrative Therapies Support Pediatric Cancer Patients and their Families
December 16, 2018 at 8:00PM (Eastern)
This episode: Pediatric care often outpaces adult care in its focus on the whole human, and the whole support system. In this episode, we will explore the experience of pediatric hospital-based care from both the patient/family and clinician perspective. How do you integrate family into the care for a patient? What does whole person care look like when you include parents and/or family caregivers? What can all practitioners learn from the family of a pediatric patient?
Shana S. Jacobs, MD, Oncologist and member of the Leukemia/Lymphoma Program and the Pediatric Advanced Needs Assessment and Care Team (PANDA) at Children’s National Medical Center
Amanda Leland is the mother of a child with chronic healthcare needs.
- Episode 5: January 20, 2019 at 8:00PM (Eastern) – Can’t We All Just Get Along? Medication and Massage Therapy, with Diana Stewart, PharmD and Lauren Cates, LMT
- Episode 6: February 17, 2019 at 8:00PM (Eastern) – Maintaining Mobility and Balance in Individuals with Dementia: Communication, Measurement and Fall Prevention with Dr. Julie Ries, PT
- Episode 7: March 17, 2019 at 8:00PM (Eastern) – Healthcare Everywhere: The Role of Massage Therapists in Community Health Promotion with Ann Blair Kennedy, LMT, BCTMB, DrPH, & Robin Byler Thomas, LMT, DrPH
- Episode 3 – Caring for LGBTQ Elders with Suzanne Dutton, MSN, RN, GNP-BC, NICHE coordinator/geriatric advanced practice nurse & Clare Madrigal, RN, LGBTQ Resource Nurse at Sibley Memorial Hospital
- Episode 2 – Re-imagining the End of Life: Old Wisdom and New Innovations with Janet Booth, RN
- Episode 1 – Creating an Interdisciplinary Team that is Truly Interdisciplinary and a Team with Hunter Groniger, MD and Anne Kelemen, LICSW